jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar)" <B...@panduit.com>
Subject questions about reading/writing files in jmeter
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:04:44 GMT
I've a problem I'm hoping someone much more knowledgeable than I can address and assist me.
 Here's the background:

I'm running several operations that return alpha-numeric tokens.  I'm using jmeter 2.9 (no
time to upgrade).  These tokens are extracted with the usual regular expression tools in jmeter
and are later used for other operations.  Currently, I'm storing them in variables for reuse.
 This approach works very well, but doesn't scale.  I'm looking at another approach; viz.,

1.       The tokens are extracted and stored in a .csv file.  I'm using the "Flexible File
Writer" (FFW).

2.       They are later read by the "CSV Data Set Config" block.

The writing is done correctly but the reading sends an EOF unless the writer is disabled;
in that case the CSV Data Set Config block works as intended.  This suggests to me that the
FFW isn't closing the file it's writing to.

So, the assistance I'm asking for is:  please show me how to close the file the FFW is writing
to (e.g., the equivalent of a "fclose()" in C/C++).  Idiot-proof directions would be best,
as I'm not that knowledgeable about jmeter.

Best regards,

Bohdan Bodnar