jmeter-user mailing list archives

From George <bamboocha...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: TCP Sampler with TLS
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:11:55 GMT
Hello,

yes you are absolutly right. TLS comes on top of TCP. TLS must be made first before data is
sent via TCP.
I think someting like a "TLS Sampler" as you proposed is something really interesting.

But what should i do now?
I can do a pre-beanshell sampler and add it to my TCPSampler. Then i would need to create
first the TLS connection by my own.
But if i start to write my own TLS Handshake using a pre-beanshell sampler then it's a "small"
step to add some more code and do the "TCP send text" stuff also by my own. Once you did the
TLS Handshake your socket connection is established. It's then very easy to sent TCP data
through this socket.
This means i do not need the TCPSampler at all. I just do the TLS connection AND the send
text via TCP with the beanshell.

Any other ideas?

Br
George