jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue in Distributed Testing
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 13:39:23 GMT
On 7 August 2014 09:32, Sandhya Kiran <sandhya.kiran@mimos.my> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I had missed to place the CSV data file (parameterized users) in Slaves and provide the
file path in Jmeter Master. When placed the file and executed the script, the script is executed
and provides the expected output.
> However, the error message still continues to log in Jmeter.log file.
>
> I have changed the settings in Jmeter.properties file as below. Re-executed the test,
but still faced same error. I did find the same 3 lines in the log.

> Have copied the complete logs for this test in pastebin.com - Jmeter-Distributed Testing.

The logs don't look complete to me.

I suggest you create a Bugzilla issue and attach the logs to that.
(Remember to overwrite any sensitive info first)

There should be logs for the master and the slaves.

> Please let me know if have to change anything else.
>
> Thanks,
> Sandhya

pastebin.com) after you've made the changes described below.  I'm struggling to think as to
why it would matter what test plan you're running. Maybe someone else on the list will have
insight into why you can run one jmx and not another. I wouldn't think it matters. Are you
perhaps running in a way that seems out of the ordinary?  Not the test script, but the way
in which you've started up the servers?

> I've been all over the source code, and even tried this myself and for me, the 'main'
thread is the only thread to interact with this.

> Can you try setting these property in jmeter.properties:
> log_format_type=thread_prefix  #uncomment this line log_level.jmeter.engine=DEBUG  #uncomment
these and set to DEBUG log_level.jmeter.threads=DEBUG  #although we'll only see INFO anyhow.

> I'm interested to see if these 3 lines differ. You can see from mine, the 'main' thread
did all 3 of them. It seems in your case that the 1st and 2nd are happening from two seperate
threads.

> 2014/08/06 23:40:52 INFO  main
> jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: sent test to 127.0.0.1 basedir='../TestPlans'
> 2014/08/06 23:40:52 INFO  main
> jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: Sending properties {}
> 2014/08/06 23:40:52 INFO  main
> jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: sent run command to 127.0.0.1
>

> On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 06:58 +0000, Sandhya Kiran wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I have set up Load Generator and Controllers(2slaves), all started with New Instances.
I tried with simple Web service call to both Slaves and received correct response and output.

>> However, when there is Http call, I get the error when started the test. I tried,
initiating only on slave (Run->Slave1).
>> Still facing the same error "Failed to reset remote engine java.lang.IllegalStateException:
The engine is not owned by this thread - cannot call reset"

>> Facing this error in Http script used for Login and Logout using Shibboleth mechanism.
>>
>> Not sure, if there is any setting which I am missing to update.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Sandhya

 I would try a simple bounce of the slaves if they aren't exiting properly.

>> Are you able to execute 1 test with fresh instances of both load generators and the
controller or does this error occur before you are ever able to run any tests? When I say
'you did not create' I mean this; are you restarting the controller while the load generators
are either still executing a test or not exiting properly?  I mean, the controller is a brand
new instance while the load generators are still the same instance from before.

>> On Tue, 2014-08-05 at 08:29 +0000, Sandhya Kiran wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I have create a simple Login and Log out script with parameterized users list.
This application uses Shibboleth for authentication of the user.

>> > The script executes successfully for single instance of jmeter to SUT. However,
when used distributed setup (1Master - 2Slaves - SUT) . The slaves are not initiated with
the test run.

>> > Faced with the below error:
>> >
>> > ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: Failed to reset remote engine java.lang.IllegalStateException:
The engine is not owned by this thread - cannot call reset
>> >                 at
>> > org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.checkOwner(RemoteJMete
>> > rEngineImpl.java:235)
>> >
>> > Note: I have ensured both the Slaves are Up and Running, and executed simple
script from Master to verify the connection to slaves. All set up correctly.
>> > As per one of the solutions available, I have increased the memory in slaves
to 1024, however it did not resolve this issue.

>> > Assistance will be of great help!
>> >

>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > ________________________________
>> > DISCLAIMER:
>> >

>> > This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s) only and may
be confidential, especially as regards personal data. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any dealing, review, distribution, printing, copying or use of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original message (including any attachments).

>> > MIMOS Berhad is a research and development institution under the purview of
the Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this e-mail that do not relate to the official business of MIMOS Berhad and/or
its subsidiaries shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or
its subsidiaries and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts responsibility for
the same. All liability arising from or in connection with computer viruses and/or corrupted
e-mails is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.