jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Ohrstrom <johrst...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Rampup period for all iterations
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 03:50:13 GMT
You can use a throughput shaping timer from the plugin package, but that
relies on requests per second, not necessarily concurrency.  That's
probably the cleanest way you could do this.

However, you have to be cautious about what you're trying to do.  How
it's affecting the concurrent users you actually have and how many you
are expecting.

Take your example of 100 Threads with 100 seconds ramp up and 10 loops.
The first thread is going to kick off and given a 1 second response time
it will finish it's loops in 10 seconds.  That means, that at the 10th
second you think you have 10 concurrent requests, but it's actually only
9 because the first thread has just finished. Your concurrent users over
time could look more like a Gaussian graph than a sawtooth if the the
ramp up time >> than the response time * iterations.