jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Ohrstrom <johrst...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue in Distributed Testing
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 06:50:30 GMT
Sandhya,

Can I have the full logs from one of the JMeter servers and the
controller (maybe through pastebin.com) after you've made the changes
described below.  I'm struggling to think as to why it would matter what
test plan you're running. Maybe someone else on the list will have
insight into why you can run one jmx and not another. I wouldn't think
it matters. Are you perhaps running in a way that seems out of the
ordinary?  Not the test script, but the way in which you've started up
the servers?

I've been all over the source code, and even tried this myself and for
me, the 'main' thread is the only thread to interact with this.

Can you try setting these property in jmeter.properties:
log_format_type=thread_prefix  #uncomment this line
log_level.jmeter.engine=DEBUG  #uncomment these and set to DEBUG
log_level.jmeter.threads=DEBUG  #although we'll only see INFO anyhow.

I'm interested to see if these 3 lines differ. You can see from mine,
the 'main' thread did all 3 of them. It seems in your case that the 1st
and 2nd are happening from two seperate threads.

2014/08/06 23:40:52 INFO  main
jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: sent test to 127.0.0.1
basedir='../TestPlans'
2014/08/06 23:40:52 INFO  main
jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: Sending properties {}
2014/08/06 23:40:52 INFO  main
jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: sent run command to 127.0.0.1

On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 06:58 +0000, Sandhya Kiran wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> I have set up Load Generator and Controllers(2slaves), all started with New Instances.
I tried with simple Web service call to both Slaves and received correct response and output.

> However, when there is Http call, I get the error when started the test. I tried, initiating
only on slave (Run->Slave1).
> Still facing the same error "Failed to reset remote engine java.lang.IllegalStateException:
The engine is not owned by this thread - cannot call reset"

> Facing this error in Http script used for Login and Logout using Shibboleth mechanism.
>
> Not sure, if there is any setting which I am missing to update.
>

> Thanks,
> Sandhya

I would try a simple bounce of the slaves if they aren't exiting properly.

> Are you able to execute 1 test with fresh instances of both load generators and the controller
or does this error occur before you are ever able to run any tests? When I say 'you did not
create' I mean this; are you restarting the controller while the load generators are either
still executing a test or not exiting properly?  I mean, the controller is a brand new instance
while the load generators are still the same instance from before.

> On Tue, 2014-08-05 at 08:29 +0000, Sandhya Kiran wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have create a simple Login and Log out script with parameterized users list. This
application uses Shibboleth for authentication of the user.

> > The script executes successfully for single instance of jmeter to SUT. However,
when used distributed setup (1Master - 2Slaves - SUT) . The slaves are not initiated with
the test run.

> > Faced with the below error:
> >
> > ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: Failed to reset remote engine java.lang.IllegalStateException:
The engine is not owned by this thread - cannot call reset
> >                 at
> > org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.checkOwner(RemoteJMete
> > rEngineImpl.java:235)
> >
> > Note: I have ensured both the Slaves are Up and Running, and executed simple script
from Master to verify the connection to slaves. All set up correctly.
> > As per one of the solutions available, I have increased the memory in slaves to
1024, however it did not resolve this issue.

> > Assistance will be of great help!
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > ________________________________
> > DISCLAIMER:
> >

> > This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s) only and may be
confidential, especially as regards personal data. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any dealing, review, distribution, printing, copying or use of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original message (including any attachments).

> > MIMOS Berhad is a research and development institution under the purview of the
Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this e-mail that do not relate to the official business of MIMOS Berhad and/or
its subsidiaries shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or
its subsidiaries and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts responsibility for
the same. All liability arising from or in connection with computer viruses and/or corrupted
e-mails is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.