jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kirk Pepperdine <kirk.pepperd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary report showing negative Min value
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 05:29:46 GMT
Hi,

This is most likely due to the timers your kernel is configured to use or NTP if you have
that configured. The behavior of timers in Java cannot be specified in the JLS as the behavior
is both hardware/OS dependent/NTP. Further more, certain configurations cause the call to
go off CPU. On CPU support requires threads to return to the same core (depending upon which
clock you’re configured to use and which model/rev of CPU you are using). So, there are
all kinds of subtleties than mean more often than not the values reported will be wrong…
hopefully not significantly wrong but… And unfortunately there isn’t much you can do about
it but try to know which clock your kernel is configured to use and if NTP is running.

Regards,
Kirk

On Aug 8, 2014, at 6:43 AM, Kuronen, Keijo <keijo.kuronen@sap.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using JMeter 2.11 with Windows.
>
> When started a non-GUI test I was surprised that summary report showed negative value
for Min.

> My test script is quite simple.
> -start 100 threads with some initialization tasks
> -synchronizing timer
> -threads perform looping  some "typical" http actions: GET, POST, DELETE
>
> 2014/08/08 06:53:00 INFO  - jmeter.reporters.Summariser: summary +   2329 in     7s =
 343,1/s Avg:    21 Min:  -207 Max:  1363 Err:     0 (0,00%) Active: 100 Started: 101 Finished:
1