jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sandhya Kiran <sandhya.ki...@mimos.my>
Subject RE: Issue in Distributed Testing
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 06:58:23 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I have set up Load Generator and Controllers(2slaves), all started with New Instances. I tried
with simple Web service call to both Slaves and received correct response and output.

However, when there is Http call, I get the error when started the test. I tried, initiating
only on slave (Run->Slave1).
Still facing the same error "Failed to reset remote engine java.lang.IllegalStateException:
The engine is not owned by this thread - cannot call reset"

Facing this error in Http script used for Login and Logout using Shibboleth mechanism.

Not sure, if there is any setting which I am missing to update.

Thanks,
Sandhya

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Ohrstrom [mailto:johrstrom@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 6 August, 2014 1:52 PM
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue in Distributed Testing

It seems you're trying to reset an load generator's Engine that you did not create.  I would
try a simple bounce of the slaves if they aren't exiting properly.

Are you able to execute 1 test with fresh instances of both load generators and the controller
or does this error occur before you are ever able to run any tests? When I say 'you did not
create' I mean this; are you restarting the controller while the load generators are either
still executing a test or not exiting properly?  I mean, the controller is a brand new instance
while the load generators are still the same instance from before.

On Tue, 2014-08-05 at 08:29 +0000, Sandhya Kiran wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have create a simple Login and Log out script with parameterized users list. This application
uses Shibboleth for authentication of the user.

> The script executes successfully for single instance of jmeter to SUT. However, when
used distributed setup (1Master - 2Slaves - SUT) . The slaves are not initiated with the test
run.

> Faced with the below error:
>
> ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: Failed to reset remote engine java.lang.IllegalStateException:
The engine is not owned by this thread - cannot call reset
>                 at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl.checkOwner(RemoteJMete
> rEngineImpl.java:235)
>
> Note: I have ensured both the Slaves are Up and Running, and executed simple script from
Master to verify the connection to slaves. All set up correctly.
> As per one of the solutions available, I have increased the memory in slaves to 1024,
however it did not resolve this issue.

> Assistance will be of great help!
>

> Thanks.
>
> ________________________________
> DISCLAIMER:
>

> This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential,
especially as regards personal data. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that
any dealing, review, distribution, printing, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original message (including any attachments).

> MIMOS Berhad is a research and development institution under the purview of the Malaysian
Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this e-mail that do not relate to the official business of MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries
and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts responsibility for the same. All liability
arising from or in connection with computer viruses and/or corrupted e-mails is excluded to
the fullest extent permitted by law.

> -
> -
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s) only
> and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please note that any dealing, review, distribution,
> printing, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this email in error, please notify the sender
> immediately and delete the original message.
> MIMOS Berhad is a research and development institution under the
> purview of the Malaysian Ministry of Science, Technology and
> Innovation. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-
> mail that do not relate to the official business of MIMOS Berhad
> and/or its subsidiaries shall be understood as neither given nor
> endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries and neither MIMOS
> Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts responsibility for the same. All
> liability arising from or in connection with computer viruses and/or
> corrupted e-mails is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

________________________________
DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential,
especially as regards personal data. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that
any dealing, review, distribution, printing, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original message (including any attachments).

MIMOS Berhad is a research and development institution under the purview of the Malaysian
Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this e-mail that do not relate to the official business of MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by MIMOS Berhad and/or its subsidiaries
and neither MIMOS Berhad nor its subsidiaries accepts responsibility for the same. All liability
arising from or in connection with computer viruses and/or corrupted e-mails is excluded to
the fullest extent permitted by law.
-
-
DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the addressee(s)
only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the