jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kirk Pepperdine <kirk.pepperd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eden size
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:07:12 GMT
Hi Paul,

I would suggest that a good study of how GC performs for your load test is in order. I’d
start by setting the following flags
-Xloggc:jmetergc.log
-XX:+PrintGCDetails
-XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution
-XX:TenuringThreshold=15

Also, remove the setting for NewSize. In fact I always start any GC tuning exercise by only
setting max heap size and nothing else except turning up the tenuring threshold to 15.

I have tooling to look at the output but it’s commercial but if you send me the GC log I’ll
perform a quick analysis for you.

Kind regards,
Kirk Pepperdine