jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Module controller loosing "Module to run"
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:28:21 GMT
On 2 July 2014 07:09, Wei Yi <sc.yiwei@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have ever used text editor to open the scripts, then you can see the
> they are linked by the actual name under collectionProp of ModuleController.
>
> This behavior bothers me too since as long as I changed the name of the
> test Fragment/Controller, my script cannot be run again.
>
> If JMeter can add the feature like the rename in eclipse, that would be
> great. Whenever I modify some controller, it will automatic change all the
> parts which are related to this controller.

Feel free to add a Bugzilla enhancement request for the feature.
Even better, add a patch as well!

However, I suspect this may be quite difficult to do in general whilst
maintaining upward compatibility.
The JMX files are plain text (XML) and the elements don't have unique ids.
And how should JMeter handle deleted elements?
But there may be some limited support that could be added.

If anyone has ideas as to how to implement this, it would be best to
discuss this on the JMeter dev list rather than here or on any
Bugzilla issue.