jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Vinoth raj <vinoth....@gmail.com>
Subject LengthPrefixedBinaryTCPClientImpl issue
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:14:26 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to send a message to my server application developed in C++
using LengthPrefixedBinaryTCPClientImpl class.

On the server side I get the length and data in two recv (socket function)
calls.
I presume that normally this is not the case as the first two bytes of the
data itself should contain the data length.

EXAMPLE:
For example, if I send 131 bytes data Jmeter should send 133 bytes with the
first two bytes containing the data length.
On enabling debug mode for the TCP sampler I found that the actual data
sent is logged as 131.

Also, strangely if I run both Jmeter and the server application on same
machine I see the expected behaviour. I actually get 133 bytes in a single
recv call.

I would appreciate if anyone can shed light on the actual behaviour of the
Jmeter.

Vinoth