jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Ohrstrom <johrst...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Using multiple CSV files and Multiple HTTP requests for one User in a Thread Group
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:13:11 GMT
Kajari,

The implementation of this is simple.  For the first file (file1.csv)
you simply need to override what Jmeter picks up out of the file with a
JRS223 or BSF pre processor.  That is, Jmeter divides out rows from csv
files on a first come first serve basis.  But you want to be sure that
the Nth thread to have the Nth record from the file. To do this in the
pre-processor element you can use the ${__ThreadNum} function and use
some sort of BufferedFileReader class.  The File Reader should read to
line == ${__ThreadNum} extract those values from that line and do a
vars.put(userIdVariable,extractedString);

For files2.csv you just need to set the Sharing Mode property to
entire 500 line file and uses all values.