jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar)" <B...@panduit.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic Data
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:32:18 GMT
Deepak, thank you kindly for such a quick response.  The file is being found, and opened, correctly.
 The error message is as follows:

2014/06/05 11:15:52 WARN  - jmeter.functions.CSVRead: APIUSER1 1-1 - invalid column number:
0 at row 0 java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

In the current embodiment, there are two columns and one row.  Each column has one integer
in it.  If I replace the column number with "1", I obtain the following error message:

2014/06/05 11:24:16 WARN  - jmeter.functions.CSVRead: APIUSER1 1-1 - can't parse column number:
 1 java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: " 1"

The integers are separated by a comma followed by a space; for example,

23, 99

I forgot to mention that this is jmeter 2.9

Best regards,

Bo

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Shetty [mailto:shettyd@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 10:08 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Dynamic Data

Hi
the 1 will be the second column , do you have two columns?
Also check jmeter.log \ might be a special character so you could either escape it \\ or change
to use / . Also check jmeter.log for errors

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__CSVRead - please read other info in the
docs as well (The function is not suitable for use with large files, as the entire file is
stored in memory.)