jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shmuel Krakower <shmul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can jmeter work with sap gui?
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 20:44:27 GMT
Hi
If you can work in the web protocol rather then the client you can try
following:
http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/blog/2013/07/03/load-testing--no-excuses-just-many-compromises

That's the best option than the followings.

Another option is for you to develop or find a constructor / vendor who
will develop such plugins to support the sap GUI protocol.

As far as I can remember using loadrunner for sap GUI had many downsides
and limitations especially when it come to scaling the load test (you can
only run few virtual clients from a single load generator due to high
memory consumption of the sapgui client) but it is the about the only
available option for sapgui load testing.

There are very few cases where load testing is getting complex and provide
bad ROI. SAP GUI load testing is one of them.
Better invest in good monitoring tools and have a controlled go live, if
you ask me.

www.beatsoo.org - free application performance monitoring from world wide
locations.