jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Ohrstrom <johrst...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 05:17:57 GMT
Are you the original poster?  Either way this started out as an exception thread (and is still
the subject of the thread) and I could only give what happened to me once.

Anyhow, you should not reply to this thread and start another because this is deviating from
what the original topic was.

But, we're here now, so I'll say that there are ways to get variables extracted from responses.
Most notably,
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

However, from your description it seems like upon clicking the link on the left, other links
are generated on the right.  If I understand you correctly, jmeter can get the left link,
but not the right? These right links would seem to be dynamically generated by the page by
javascript or css or something of the like that jmeter doesn't handle well (I don't know what
'Case 360' is).  Jmeter will only make the one GET request (if you are in fact doing GET,
but it's the same for POST etc.,) which is giving you the link on the left.

It seems like you'll have to break #2 into at least 2 samples and perhaps even implement something
fancy to generate javascript/css/Case 360. 2a is the left link, then 2b getting the right
links. You can then extract from 2b how to move onto 3.