jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Townshend <stephen.townsh...@equinox.co.nz>
Subject Simple Data Writer in Jmeter 2.10+
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 20:24:53 GMT
I'm seeing a potential bug with the Simple Data Writer in Jmeter 2.10 and 2.11 (but it works
fine in 2.9).

If I create a Simple Data writer and 'Configure' it, save and close my JMX project, and re-open
it, the settings change. In particular the field "Save as XML" is always un-ticked when I
come back. This is preventing me from running a test from the command line in either of these
versions (because it writes to CSV but I need the XML detail).

The "Save as XML" field is not the only one that changes, I have witnessed other changes too.
Additionally, and probably unrelated, the order of all the checkboxes changes each time I
re-open Jmeter. This random ordering happens in 2.9 but the issue where my configuration changes
is not present.

I've searched around and gone back over the mailing list archives but I can't see any mention
of this, which is unusual as I would assume this would be a big deal (unless I'm the only
one using XML output? I use it to get at the sub-requests but have to parse it into a MySql
database to analyse it).

Stephen Townshend, Performance Engineer, Equinox Limited, http://www.equinox.co.nz/
Address Level 5, Shortland Chambers, 70 Shortland Street, PO Box 3903, Auckland 1140, New
Zealand
Contact stephen.townshend@equinox.co.nz<mailto:stephen.townshend@equinox.co.nz>, Phone:
+64 9 307 9450, DDI: +64 9 307 9007, Mobile: +64 22 6051 423

This e-mail message and any attachments contain information that is confidential and may be
subject
to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, pass
on or copy this
message or any attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by
return e-mail
and erase all copies of this message including any attachments. Thank you.