jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Arwyn Davies <arwynhuwdav...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTPS recorder help
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:15:43 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to record a test script using the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder
on JMeter v2.11, but am faced with the following message every time:

[image: cid:image001.png@01CF55A3.1A0CA420]

I'm attempting to record a script for:
https://LOCAL-DOMAIN.local:9443/ProcessPortal/login.jsp<https://kcrc-od-pp-ps01.k-crc.local:9443/ProcessPortal/login.jsp>

*Settings used:*

*HTTP Request Defaults*

[image: cid:image007.png@01CF57C3.7C345F40]

With HTTP Request Defaults set to:

Server name/IP: LOCAL-DOMAIN.local

Port: 9443

Have also attempted with these settings blank.

*HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder*

[image: cid:image008.png@01CF57C3.ABC44680]

Global settings:
Port: 9443
HTTPS Domain: https://LOCAL-DOMAIN.local/ProcessPortal.login.jsp<https://local-domain.local/ProcessPortal.login.jsp>

Have also attempted with these settings blank.
Target controller: have tried all four, with all combinations of
blank/non-blank Request default and Script recorder server name/domains.

*Java Information:*

Java version: 1.7.0_51

JAVA_HOME = C:Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51

PATH = %java_home%\bin

Have set:

keytool.directory= C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51\bin

this caused the HTTPS domain field to become uneditable, and for a keystore
error message to appear. This presumably verifies that the PATH and
JAVA_HOME variables are set appropriately, as the keystore is found when
the keytool.directory is commented out.

*Firefox:*

Certificate installed in Certificates\Authorities

[image: cid:image004.png@01CF57CA.99EE1100]

Certificate validation is not looked up online as we don't have internet
connectivity, plus we self certify.

Is the offline connection likely to be causing any issues?

*Additional*:

Have exported this certificate as .der and .pem.

Used

[image: cid:image006.png@01CF55A7.CB7F4A10]

ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA also addded to JMeter/Certs.

All certificates (ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA and the .der and .pem) added
to the following location

[image: cid:image002.png@01CF57CB.C2907B60]

Have looked on the following locations for information:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP%28S%29_Test_Script_Recorder

http://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/TestRecording210

http://sqa.fyicenter.com/FAQ/Apache-JMeter/_Having_difficulty_getting_JMeter_to_work_with_.html

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.pdf