jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Ohrstrom <johrst...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: passing byte stream to upload document in HTTP sampler (Rest API)
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 19:51:06 GMT
You can turn the property '#log_level.httpclient.wire=debug' on so you can see what is being
put out onto the wire byte by byte. This will tell you if it's picking up the document and
spitting it out onto the wire.

If it is, then there might be an encoding issue (charset property in the Content-type header).
Your server returns utf-8, but jmeter defaults to iso-8859-1 (which i'm not sure the exact
differences are, but could behave strangely in converting docx files).

Alternatively, you could try to read the file yourself through a JSR223 pre-processor and
pass a variable to the http sampler that does the work. Just read the file line by line and
build a string to pass to the http sampler through vars.put().