jmeter-user mailing list archives

From ruchit <ruchit.r...@ei-india.com>
Subject Using JMeter to simulate video viewing traffic
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 04:08:28 GMT
In my application some of the viewers would be viewing videos. We are using
HTML5 video tags to play videos in the application. To simulate this
functionality, I am running a test plan which makes HTTP requests to one
video for the number of users we want to simuate.

Now, the issue is, the test plan gives error "ERROR -
jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space" even for 10 users. The video size is 21MB. I doubt that test
plan is keeping the videos in the HEAP space of java. I have tried to
increase the heap space with no success. What is the best way to simulate
video traffic with JMeter? What should I change in my current approach.

Regards,
Ruchit