jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: Playing back PUT HTTP requests with binary content
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:13:55 GMT
> I am using JMeter to record PUT HTTP requests made to a server, where the content of the
request is unencoded, raw JPEG (or MP4). I have noticed that the data in the played back requests
is altered, and LF are changed to CRLF, by comparing the traffic captured with Wireshark.

> I think the content-type of the request is correctly indicated as image/jpeg or video/mp4
in the original requests.

> Is there a way to both record the original traffic verbatim and play it back as such?
It is very possible I am not using the tool properly and any help or hints are much appreciated.

FWIW, the behavior of JMeter on Linux is similar (didn't capture this
time, but will do if it can help anyone take a stab at it).

I suspect some ill-chosen or ill-used content parser. Unfortunately, my
Java expertise is insufficient to make a diagnostic or a contribution. Any
opinions, pointers?

Thanks.