jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance of JSR223
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:47:20 GMT
On 21 March 2014 10:18, Ryabtsev Vladimir <v.ryabtsev@pflb.ru> wrote:
> According to documentation, JSR223 sampler provides improved performance from compilation
and caching in case scripting engine implements Compilable interface. The only language with
this interface mentioned in documentation is Groovy.
> Do I understand right that JSR223/java is interpreted?

Yes, they are all interpreted languages.

> Will I get any performance improvement if I move from BeanShell sampler to JSR223/java
sampler?

No, because JRS223/java is implemented by BeanShell as you can
discover by creating a script containing an error.

==
There ought to be a better way to discover what engine is associated
with each language name.