jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Playing back PUT HTTP requests with binary content
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:20:11 GMT
On 17 March 2014 20:13, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:
>> I am using JMeter to record PUT HTTP requests made to a server, where the
>> content of the request is unencoded, raw JPEG (or MP4). I have noticed that
>> the data in the played back requests is altered, and LF are changed to CRLF,
>> by comparing the traffic captured with Wireshark.
>>
>> I think the content-type of the request is correctly indicated as
>> image/jpeg or video/mp4 in the original requests.
>>
>> Is there a way to both record the original traffic verbatim and play it
>> back as such? It is very possible I am not using the tool properly and any
>> help or hints are much appreciated.
>>

> FWIW, the behavior of JMeter on Linux is similar (didn't capture this time,
> but will do if it can help anyone take a stab at it).
>
> I suspect some ill-chosen or ill-used content parser. Unfortunately, my Java
> expertise is insufficient to make a diagnostic or a contribution. Any
> opinions, pointers?

There are two aspects to this.

1) Is it possible to create a JMeter script to PUT a binary file?
As far as I know, that should work, but I've not tried it.

2) Is it possible to use the JMeter recording feature to create a
script that will successfully upload a file?
I don't know about that but the intention is that it should work.

In order to debug this, it would be useful if there is a public server
that can be used to test against.

Can you share the JMX file you used?
If so, I suggest you create a Bugzilla issue and attach the JMX and
the jmeter log file from a test run.
Ideally switch on debugging in jmeter.properties as follows:

# Enable header wire + context logging - Best for Debugging
log_level.org.apache.http=DEBUG
log_level.org.apache.http.wire=ERROR

Please remember to redact the files to obscure any private information
before attaching them to the Bugzilla issue, as attachments are public
and cannot easily be deleted.