jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sample times reported by JMeter seem to scale incorrectly with the number of threads
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 18:31:42 GMT
On 3 March 2014 10:23, bruto <bobruto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Added some logging to the vanilla TCPSampler (using vanilla TCPClientImpl),
> it appears that protocolHandler.read() execution time is to blame
> It's a different socket, different SocketInputStream every time, but still
> some synchronization must be going on causing the response read time to
> inflate

I  don't see how it can be a problem with the TCP sampler.

The implementation is extremely simple; if the read takes a long time
it must be a problem outside the JMeter code.
Possibly in the JVM, or network, or server.

As I already wrote, try running multiple separate JMeter instances and
see if the times increase.
Ideally on separate hosts - but beware of using VMs on the same
physical host as these can interfere with each other.