jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Robin D. Wilson" <rwils...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to control variable substitution in JMeter?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:15:09 GMT
I've noticed this too. Sounds like a feature request.

Basically, some way to designate which variables can be used for substitution
when using the recording controller. Perhaps just a list.

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.
VOICE: 512-777-1861
http://www.kingsisle.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith.Cassell@engilitycorp.com [mailto:Keith.Cassell@engilitycorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:09 AM
To: user@jmeter.apache.org
Subject: How to control variable substitution in JMeter?

I have some user defined variables:

SERVER_NAME          myhost.com
THE_HTTP_PROTOCOL    HTTP
USER_COUNT           1
LOOP_COUNT           2

Then, I use a Recording Controller to capture my browser actions. Unfortunately,
JMeter does more variable substitution than I'd like it to. For example, it
substitutes ${LOOP_COUNT} into a web site name that contains "2", e.g.,
"/host${LOOP_COUNT}/somePage". My favorite example of over-zealous variable
substitution is my ${THE_${THE_HTTP_PROTOCOL}_PROTOCOL} Header Manager.

Is it possible to make the recording more selective about what variables can be
used for substitution? For example, of the variables I've listed, I'd really
only like SERVER_NAME to be substituted in.

I'm using JMeter 2.11.