jmeter-user mailing list archives

From John_schulz <john_sch...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter seems to produce more messages than expected
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:49:07 GMT
Shing,

Jmeter does not have a specific mechanism to generate x samples per second. It turns out to
be hard to do that. Even though it is really easy to say that is what you want.

There are a couple ways to get pretty close though.

The first way is to simply tune the number of threads up or down until you hit your target.
In your case that would be down. Each thread runs independently and crams in as many samples
in as it can as fast as it can.

The second way is to use a timer. It sounds like your transaction times are around 667 milliseconds
so you could add a constant timer of 333 milliseconds or a random timer which would average
333 milliseconds.

You could do it a third way with a bean shell pre or post processor where you put in a programmatic
delay. I have never done that myself. The first two methods work well enough for me.

John

Sent from my iPad