jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Result Discrepancies
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 21:32:53 GMT
On 28 February 2014 21:09, Jared Griffith <jgriffith@picsauditing.com> wrote:
> I think I got it all sorted out.
>
> The test file had specified saving response data errors, but the
> jmeter.properties file didn't.  Once I uncommented these lines (to match
> the test file) - response_data, response_code, response_message and set
> them to true, I got results similar to what the GUI was outputting.  I'm
> running the tests again to verify I get similar sizes on the jtl output
> file, so I'll know for sure soon.

OK.

> The command that I'm running is just /usr/local/jmeter/bin/jmeter -n -t
> Top_Pages_Tests_Alpha.jmx -l top_pages.jtl -j jmeter.log.

The "-l top_pages.jtl" option takes its config from jmeter.properties.

If you omit this, then the result file will depend entirely on what is
configured in the JMX Listeners - if anything.

The advantage of the -l option is that you can generate results output
in non-GUI mode without needing to edit the JMX file.
Also it's really easy to change the file name; ideal for scripting.

The disadvantage is that the config is stored in global properties,
rather than in the JMX to which it applies.
However, you can use an additonal properties file (-q
myprop.properties) on the command line.
So if you need different sets of log file config, put the differences
in additional properties files.