jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between concurrent load of 100 users and Active users for a given time period
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:10:02 GMT
No it depends on your definition of "active" - the common definitions I
have heard of is
a) active - has a session on your system but not necessarily doing anything
- may be reading the article or typing in a form but not clicking submit (
b) concurrent - actually doing something like clicked a link or submitted a
form
(though I have also heard it being used interchangeably)
For these definitions
a) only has meaning for memory usage and if you dont use the session much ,
its not really relevant except when you want to closely model real world
behavior (think times etc) and check cache performances and expiry or if
you do use session then it is important

b) is usually the more relevant attribute for performance tests.