jmeter-user mailing list archives

From René Jehle <Rene.Je...@intersys.ch>
Subject AW: JDBC request and DB links
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 08:35:37 GMT
Hi Glenn,

did you never got memory problems with your JDBC-Requests ?

I call stored procedures on a Oracle DB and after 20 Min. J-Meter is out of memory.

With the DB-connection I had a problem first, I had to use the correct JDBC-Driver class:
 oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver  in the JDBC Connection Configuration
Now the DB-connections works fine.

Regards René

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Glenn Caccia [mailto:gacaccia@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Februar 2014 23:07
An: JMeter User Group
Betreff: JDBC request and DB links

I have a JMeter test script (2.10) that uses a JDBC Connection Configuration element along
with a JDBC Request element.  It's been working fine.  The JDBC Connection Configuration
element is connecting to an Oracle database.  The JDBC Request element is set for a select
statement.  Today I tried to enhance the select statement to use an Oracle DB Link.  After
this, I get nothing back from the query and no errors.  The enhanced query works fine in
a query execution tool, so I know that much is fine.  I know that the connection information
in JMeter is correct as the query without the DB Link reference works fine.  Oracle uses
the @ symbol to indicate DB links.  By any chance is this a problem for JMeter?  For example,
my original query looked something like...

select table1.field1 as myfield
from table1
join table2
on table1.id = table2.fid
where t2.filterfield = 'filtervalue'

whereas the new query looks something like...

select t1.field1 as myfield, t3.field1 as myotherfield from table1 t1 join table2 t2 on t1.id
= t2.fid join table3@dblinkname t3

on t2.id = t3.fid

where t2.filterfield = 'filtervalue'

Any thoughts?