jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Glenn Caccia <gacac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBC request and DB links
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 00:00:34 GMT

Sorry, my bad on this one.  Just found the issue.  I was testing the query in JMeter in
one environment and didn't notice that I was testing the query in the query execution tool
in a different environment.  Once I pointed the query execution tool to the same environment,
discovered that there was an issue with the configuration of the DB link in that environment.

________________________________
 From: Glenn Caccia <gacaccia@yahoo.com>
To: JMeter User Group <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2014 2:06 PM
Subject: JDBC request and DB links

I have a JMeter test script (2.10) that uses a JDBC Connection Configuration element along
with a JDBC Request element.  It's been working fine.  The JDBC Connection Configuration
element is connecting to an Oracle database.  The JDBC Request element is set for a select
statement.  Today I tried to enhance the select statement to use an Oracle DB Link.  After
this, I get nothing back from the query and no errors.  The enhanced query works fine in
a query execution tool, so I know that much is fine.  I know that the connection information
in JMeter is correct as the query without the DB Link reference works fine.  Oracle uses
the @ symbol to indicate DB links.  By any chance is this a problem for JMeter?  For example,
my original query looked something like...

select table1.field1 as myfield
from table1
join table2
on table1.id = table2.fid
where t2.filterfield = 'filtervalue'

whereas the new query looks something like...

select t1.field1 as myfield, t3.field1 as myotherfield
from table1 t1
join table2 t2
on t1.id = t2.fid
join table3@dblinkname t3