jmeter-user mailing list archives

From John_schulz <john_sch...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Difference between concurrent load of 100 users and Active users for a given time period
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:40:04 GMT
Think time is not ramp up time. Think time is generated by adding a timer or timers into a
thread before or after your sampler(s).

Ramp up time is there to prevent overloading your servers at the beginning of a test and to
spread out your workload if you are using multiple samplers in your threads to prevent waves
of requests. Note you can accomplish this as well with timers but ramp up is very simple to
use.

John

Sent from my iPad