jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTPS IIS COMPRESSION and JMeter
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:10:33 GMT
On 23 January 2014 13:01, RiqLightBringer <eguadalu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone:
>
> I'm new at this mailing list thing and finally got how to post correctly.
> My older post is deleted. I'm hoping not to annoy anyone with this re-post.

{Posts cannot be deleted]

> This is my story:
>
> I'm trying to apply a test to an ASP.net application over IIS 6.0.  I need
> to log in, do a transaction, then log off.  A simple test.  I got some
> problems working with some redirections in the loggin action, but managed to
> overcome from it using manual scripting.  Then i needed to extract using
> regular extractor for some hidden atributes or values, however i got this
> problem that is denying me from seeing this values.  The page is obtained
> with a simple GET method, i use most equal or equivalent headers than my
> IE11 browser uses, but when IIS gives its response to jmeter, the headers
> response indicates "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" and then the page is not
> fully delivered and at the bottom of document there is this text "".  In the
> other hand, with IE11 browser, the headers response indicates no transfer
> encoding, fiddler shows that NO COMPRESSION is used, and the page is fully
> downloaded, with the hidden values i need.
>
> Headers and cookies are not my problem (i isolated raw request and the
> results are the same, it depends of the application that launches the
> request), something is happening inside IIS6.0 with jmeter request that is
> not processed like a common browser.
>
> Please, any directions?  My HTTP request on jmeter looks like this:
> <http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n5719160/CreaCCI.jpg>

The standard procedure in such cases is to first isolate the problem
into as small a test case as possible.
Then use a network analyzer to compare the traffic when using JMeter
and when using a browser.
Adjust the JMeter test until the requests created by it agree with the
requests created by the browser.
Obviously one has to allow for different cookies etc.

One way to determine which parts of the sequence are variable between
sessions is to record the browser session twice.
Compare the recordings to see what is fixed, and what varies.