jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ambrosetti Brolin <ambrosetti.nic...@gmail.com>
Subject Including a test fragment that uses a module controller
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 08:56:18 GMT
Hi,

In our effort to modularize Jmeter tests we rely heavily on test fragments,
include controllers and module controllers.

However I've stumbled on the following problem and wonder if it should
count as a bug.

I have two test plans: the irest including the second with an include
controller:

Test Plan 1
+ Thread Group
++ Module Controller -> Test Fragment / Include Controller
+ Test Fragment
++ Include Controller -> Test Plan 2

Test Plan 2
+ Test Fragment 1
++ Sampler 1
++ Module Controller -> Test Fragments 2 / Sampler 2
+ Test Fragment 2
++ Sampler 2

You might question why I use a module controller at all, but the idea is
that in a real test plan we reuse the same test fragment called by the
module controller in several places.

When I run test plan 1 I would expect that it would run:
Sampler 1
Module Controller -> Sampler 2

So that both samplers are run.

Instead only Sampler 1 runs. The reason is probably that when including
only the first Test Fragment found is actually included and the rest is
completely discarded. So when it's the turn of the module controller it
simply doesn't find Test fragment 2 and sampler 2.

What do you think about this?

Regards,
Nicola