jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web app stop working when using JMeter proxy server
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:14:57 GMT
On 5 December 2013 16:42, Leonardo Nc <lenieco@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you testing against a public server?
>>

> No, I'm testing against a private server in a LAN
>
> Can you provide the source of the HTML page that is causing the problem?
>>

> No, I'm sorry, but the app I'm testing is for private access only and I
> think I could get into troubles if share this info :s

I've just realised that the single-quotes are probably part of the
charset name as seen by

java.nio.charset.Charset.checkName(Charset.java:284)

I had assumed they were added to the stack trace in order to delimit
the charset name (e.g. in case it contained spaces) but it looks like
they must have been part of the name that was extracted. So it's not
surprising that Java complains - quotes are not valid in a charset
name.

It might be worth trying JMeter 2.10 and see if that makes a difference.
The Proxy class has been updated a lot recently, as has ConversionUtils.

If that does not help, please try and extract the section of the HTML
page that includes the 'UTF-8' string, so we can see if the parsing
needs to be adjusted. It's unlikely that a single line containing the
charset details will reveal anything about the private app, but please
check first.

For example, the line might be something like:

Of course that does not have the single-quoted UTF-8 in it.