jmeter-user mailing list archives

From RL <l...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Using Beanshell Assertion to test a JSON value
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2013 03:21:53 GMT
Hm. I did a kludgy workaround that seems to work.

I wonder if it's worth reporting as a bug that vars.get crashes if the
specified variable doesn't exist. Surely that would have been well known by
now?

My kludgy solution was to predefine blobValue as -1, then check to see if
it's still -1 after the JSON Path Extraction.

Since this particular parameter should never have a value of -1, if it
still does, that means that the JSON Path Extraction failed because its
value is really null. If the extraction succeeds, it would have a different
value.

Whew...

Thanks for the help and comments.