jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scenario: Login with 1000 Users. Is it required to create 1000 usernames and passwords?
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:08:28 GMT
Hi,

I would expect you would require more than 1,000. If your requirements say
that the app needs 1000 concurrent users, then you'd expect to have 1000
concurrent users at any given time out of a larger pool. The exact ratio,
live/total users, depends on specifics (how long is a single user session,
how many users do you expect to have at peak even if they're not active
etc).

You should consider other details, such as how often should you recycle the
users that are active. It doesn't need to be realistic, but the generated
session pool should not surpass real life values (consider the time that
sessions are kept on the server side, the more unique sessions you
generate, the memory requirements increases).

This affects how you configure the Cookie Manager (maybe you'd want to keep
cookies instead of deleting them after each thread run) or your test
script, maybe you should make fewer logins in your script to simulate
real-life scenarios accurately. You have to decide that considering the
specifics of the app under test.

Adrian S