jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Oscar Nogueira Neto <oscarnogue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scenario: Login with 1000 Users. Is it required to create 1000 usernames and passwords?
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:52:30 GMT
It also really depends on how your applications was coded. Some bullets to
consider:

   - Does it allows multiple sessions with the same user/pwd?
   - Does it caches login information?
   - Does it access the DB for every login attempt?

If the application caches the login information then you'll probably get an
false-positive result because your app won't hit the DB (LDAP or whatever)
to log in the user.

If you hit the DB for every login attempt, you'll probably get and
false-negative result, because you may run into a hot block scenario if you
use the same user, because every query will search for the information
stored in the same data block, creating a false concurrency.

In the bottom line, the best thing would be having more than 1,000 users,
but if it's not possible know the possible issues. It will make it easier
to determine if it is a false result.

Best regards,
Oscar
http://jmeter.com.br