jmeter-user mailing list archives

From vinod dinakaran <vinod.dinaka...@gmail.com>
Subject jmx.js: A Web-based JMX Editor
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 05:20:42 GMT
Hi Folks,
I've built a web-based JMX Editor and I thought this would be the best
place to share.
It's still a work-in-progress, but good enough (I think) for release as v1.0

Source: https://github.com/vinodkd/jmx.js
Demo: http://vinodkd.github.io/jmx.js/

I looked through the archives for opinion on this idea and found a thread
from a while ago where the idea of a web-based editor for JMX files didn't
seem to be that hot. Maybe seeing a live one will change that opinion :)

I built it both as an exercise in building structured editors as well as
because I think there's a place for such a component in today's clustered
performance testing environments, where zero install is not just a
developer choice but is required by the environment.

It's designed, therefore, to be embedded: it has no external dependencies
and is quite customizable, not to mention small (~21k js code, ~5k json
config). See the Developers
Guide<https://github.com/vinodkd/jmx.js/blob/master/docs/devguide.md>for
details on customization options.

In its current version, quite a few JMX elements are mapped into views, but
any that aren't can be edited raw. Creating new elements and/or files is
the next on the roadmap, right after shoring up the number of mapped
elements :).

Any/all comments welcome. Contributions, more so!

Regards
Vinod
PS: Please let me know if this would be better off in the Developer's list.