jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to perform load testing in different bandwidth using JMeter?
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:49:00 GMT
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/c/cps.htm

If you consider a 10-bit word, as said in the site above, 10bps is equal to
1cps.
If you consider an ASCII character you'll end up with a 8bps as 1cps ratio.

Then, letting numbers rounded, 2Mbps is about 200k cps (jmeter property
value would be 200000).

I found a calculator for your rates, if you want to use 8:1 ratio. cps unit
is also called "baud"

http://www.calculator.org/property.aspx?name=data+rate

Enjoy.