jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Muthukrishnan S. <muthukrishna...@sonata-software.com>
Subject Heap memory setting in JMeter
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:00:02 GMT
Dear All,

The machine where JMeter is installed has 8 GB of RAM with 64-bit processor. When I tried
changing the setting for Heap memory, I'm able to open JMeter without any issues, until I
set HEAP=-Xms8192m -Xmx8192m. I was just wondering if this can happen, as I never experienced
this, usually JMeter will take until 1/2 space of the RAM. Just wanted to know if this is
fine.

Just a note - Also, in other machine it is taking until HEAP=-Xms8192m -Xmx8192m which has
9 GB RAM with 64-bit processor.

Thank you in advance!

Thank you,
Muthu
Disclaimer: "The materials contained in this email and any attachments may contain confidential
or legally privileged information. The information contained in this communication is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized
to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system.
Sonata is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained
in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt"