jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nandi, Prabir" <Prabir.Na...@Staples.com>
Subject RE: send dynamic value to a XML attribute in Jmeter
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:17:20 GMT
Hi All,

Sending the images as an attachment file.

Regards,
Prabir

Prabir Nandi
Process and Metrics Engineering IT Consultant
NAD Shared Order Management Systems

*: +1 508 253 0164 | Extn: 30164 | *: Prabir.Nandi@Staples.com<mailto:Prabir.Nandi@Staples.com>

www.staples.com
500 Staples Drive, Framingham, MA 01702

From: Nandi, Prabir
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:08 PM
To: 'user@jmeter.apache.org'
Subject: send dynamic value to a XML attribute in Jmeter

Hi All,

I am very new to Jmeter am facing an issues, I have a requirement as mentioned below. I need
your inputs/suggestions.

I need to send a XML input in an HTTP Request Sampler
I need to pass the xml content to a http Parameter.
In XML file there is a placeholder of order_no and I need to pass this values dynamically
whether I have to generate it dynamically or user will put a value somewhere

What I did:

I have created a Http Request sampler
Passed the XML to a parameter using FileToString() function.
Added a placeholder(${ORDER_NO} in XML file and passing the value from another parameter in
request called ORDER_NO, but its not replacing the ORDER_NO in xml file before hitting the
http request.

[cid:image001.png@01CEFBFB.DC84B210]

Sample XML file :

[cid:image002.png@01CEFBFB.DC84B210]

So how I can I achieve this solution? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Prabir Nandi