jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nandi, Prabir" <Prabir.Na...@Staples.com>
Subject send dynamic value to a XML attribute in Jmeter
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:08:16 GMT
Hi All,

I am very new to Jmeter am facing an issues, I have a requirement as mentioned below. I need
your inputs/suggestions.

I need to send a XML input in an HTTP Request Sampler
I need to pass the xml content to a http Parameter.
In XML file there is a placeholder of order_no and I need to pass this values dynamically
whether I have to generate it dynamically or user will put a value somewhere

What I did:

I have created a Http Request sampler
Passed the XML to a parameter using FileToString() function.
Added a placeholder(${ORDER_NO} in XML file and passing the value from another parameter in
request called ORDER_NO, but its not replacing the ORDER_NO in xml file before hitting the
http request.

[cid:image003.png@01CEFBFA.9698B8B0]

Sample XML file :

[cid:image002.png@01CEFBFA.2B85FC40]

So how I can I achieve this solution? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Prabir Nandi