jmeter-user mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: How to configure thread group with fixed number of threads?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 16:21:09 GMT
Hi Cyril,

I was interpreting that, if, say, threads was set to 10, and ramp time was set to 10, and
loop was set to forever, that Jmeter would start 1 thread and send one request, regardless
of the number of active threads.  In other words, so if each request takes 50 seconds (i.e.,
longer than 10 seconds), the number of active threads/requests would kind of "build up", greater
than 10.

Is that not correct?

On the other hand, the behavior that I'm seeking is where Jmeter would attempt to maintain
the number of threads/requests at a certain number.

Thanks,
Jim