jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Richard Gaywood <richardgayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Counting loops through a CSV file
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:35:07 GMT
Hey list,

Am I missing an easy way to do this?

I have a CSV file with a number of params in it, and in my test I want to
be able to make some of the fields unique across CSV repetitions with a
suffix determined by the number of times I've looped through the file.

So suppose my CSV (simplified) had:

abc
def
ghi

I want to generate in the test

abc_1
def_1
ghi_1    <hit EOF>
abc_2
def_2
ghi_2    <hit EOF>
abc_3
def_3
ghi_3

I thought I could set up a counter to run parallel to my CSV loop, but that
won't work unless I increment it by 1/n each iteration, where n is the
number of lines in my CSV file. Which you can't do because counters are
integers.

I'm going to go flail around and see if I can come up with a solution, but
in case I'm not successful, has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers, Richard