jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adolfo Luis Camberos <acambe...@pragmaconsultores.com>
Subject HW requirements for a large-scale test performance
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:31:11 GMT
Hello,
          I 'm going to do a performance test against an Oracle ESB, and I need to evaluate
 HW requirements for injectors.
The statistics estimates 12.000.000 request / hour for the test (a big one!!).
I'm going to use only Web Service (SOAP) requests
I'm thinking to run 3 non-gui JMeter instances per injector for optimize use of them.

I 'd like to do an exploration test to get the throughput limit for only one injector, which
let me calculate number of injectors required, but I ┬┤haven't possibility to do that, and
I need to do the order today.
Then, I need a rule of thumb about that.

Could you please advice me how to calculate CPU, RAM and quantity of injectors?

Thanks in advance
Adolfo Camberos