jmeter-user mailing list archives

From 黄吉浩 <13651877...@163.com>
Subject Re:HW requirements for a large-scale test performance
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 01:38:37 GMT
It's difficult to estimate for Jmeter.
for CPU, it depends on the sampler's deal. complex or simple, correspond to diffirent cpu
usage.
for RAM, it's not easy to estimate for it's java implementation. the jmeter just use memory,
when the memory available is not enough, JVM just do GC.
so u can't caculate one thread use how much memory.
As opposiste, in Loadrunner, you can examine a mmdrv.exe process use how much memory, to caculate
the memory usage per user.

At 2013-11-07 00:31:11,"Adolfo Luis Camberos" <acamberos@pragmaconsultores.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>          I 'm going to do a performance test against an Oracle ESB, and I need to evaluate
 HW requirements for injectors.
>The statistics estimates 12.000.000 request / hour for the test (a big one!!).
>I'm going to use only Web Service (SOAP) requests
>I'm thinking to run 3 non-gui JMeter instances per injector for optimize use of them.
>
>I 'd like to do an exploration test to get the throughput limit for only one injector,
which let me calculate number of injectors required, but I ´haven't possibility to do that,
and I need to do the order today.