jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Glenn Caccia <gacac...@yahoo.com>
Subject JSR223 Postprocessor and response times
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:40:32 GMT
I have a test that includes a REST sampler with a XPath Extractor, JSR223 Post Processor and
a Response Assertion.  I'm running 35 threads with a Uniform Random Timer with a base of
300ms and a variance of 100ms.  I was testing to see what impact each of these sub elements
has to recorded response time.  With all three sub elements disabled, I get an 90% response
time of 90ms.  With XPath Extractor and Response Assertion enabled and JSR223 Post Processor
disabled, I still get a 90% response time of 90ms.  But when I enable the JSR223 Post Processor,
response times at 90% suddenly jump up over 300ms.

Is it expected that the JSR223 Post Processor should have such a big impact on response times?
I'm using groovy and the script is fairly simple:

def sessionData = vars.getObject("sessionData");
sessionData.add(new ArrayList([vars.get("GUID"), vars.get("sessionId")]));
vars.putObject("sessionData",sessionData);

Is there some way to speed this up?  Why does this impact response times?  Shouldn't a response
time exclude post processing activities?  The jmeter server resources are not getting maxed
out with this test.

Thanks,

Glenn