jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Robin D. Wilson" <rwils...@gmail.com>
Subject Include within an module within an include?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 17:18:43 GMT
So, in JMeter 2.9, we had the following scenario that worked fine:

 1) File "Login":
 2)	Test Fragment
 3) 		Controller - Login
 4) 			Regex - Get Variables
 5)
 6) File "Simple Test Scenario":
 7)	Test Fragment
 8)		Include File "Login"
 9)		Controller "Do stuff after logging in"
10)
11)
12)
13) File "Main Test Suite":
14)	Test Fragment
15)		Include File "Simple Test Scenario"
16)
17)	Thread Group 1
18)		User Parameters - Setup vars for "Simple Test Scenario"
19)		Module -> "Simple Test Scenario"
20)
21)	Thread Group 2
22)		User Parameters - Setup vars for "Simple Test Scenario" differently
23)		Module -> "Simple Test Scenario"

So, "Simple Test Scenario" was a test fragment that includes the "Login" file first, then
the Controller "Do stuff after logging in"
runs. This basically allows us to abstract the 'Login' functionality and re-use it in lots
of other test cases.

File "Main Test Suite" just includes "Simple Test Scenario", then runs different thread groups
that run "Simple Test Scenario" from
a Module Controller differently based on the "User Parameters" it has setup.

In JMeter 2.10 the above doesn't work. Here's what we have noticed: the "Login" functionality
(line #8) runs, but we have some
'Regex' Post-Processors within that login functionality that get variables used by the subsequent
requests (line #9) in the process.
The variables normally filled in by the "Login" request post-processors don't seem to be passed
to the subsequent steps anymore.

We can work around this - but it means re-coding a lot of our test cases. The question is,
was this an intentional change in the
JMeter 2.10 version, or is it a bug that will eventually get fixed (if I report it)?

--
Robin D. Wilson
Sr. Director of Web Development