jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: load balance through port number
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:16:49 GMT
>Anyway, we should be able to deal with such test situation.
sure - but test out production like scenarios first .
The reason I asked is because the way you would test out a case like a load
balancer in front which distributes load to multiple servers (if you wanted
to verify that load is being distributed) is not the same as if you would
directly hit the servers. For e.g. if I am using http + weblogic the
session cookie contains information about which server is being hit so you
could from the test response determine how your load is being distributed.
In other cases you have no way out of looking at the logs after your test
has run to determine that the load did indeed get split up (or if you
wanted to check that all the servers are up and running)

>btw, there is a front in production environment, but no in test
environment.
generally considered bad practice.