jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Jmeter for Swing based testing
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:09:16 GMT
I'm working on a performance test in a client-server Swing application that
uses RMI.
I'm testing only the code part that communicates with the server, not the
user interface.
As I need to run the test headless, there's no meaning to start the test
from the user interface.
I created a JUnit test project in Eclipse, wrote the test classes and
export to a jar that I put in $JMETER_HOME\lib\junit
I also configured an external user classpath with the application library
dependencies.
After that I created a JMeter Test Plan and added a JUnit Test sampler
calling the test method of my JUnit test class.

To run the test I had to copy junit test project jar to $JMETER\lib\junit
directory of all JMeter instances used (master and slaves)
Had to copy application dependencies folder to all JMeter instances
machines and configure user classpath in user.properties for each one too.