jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enhancement request for registering remote servers
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 09:34:20 GMT
On 2 August 2013 08:13, Robert Oschwald <robertoschwald@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if such a request already exists.

No, it has never been mentioned as far as I am aware.

> Registering remote servers by property file is very static.

Can also do it on the client command-line by defining the appropriate property.

> It would be nice if jmeter-server would be able to send broadcast advertisements or mDNS
messages out to the subnet and in the GUI, you can select on which servers a test plan should
run.
> Before I open a ticket, comments are highly appreciated.

Are you talking about client-server mode?

Remember that this also has to work in non-GUI (batch) mode, which
would preclude choosing the servers in a GUI.

Also remember that the same test plan is sent to each remote server,
so changing the number of servers will affect the load that is
generated.