jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sergio Boso <ser...@bosoconsulting.it>
Subject Re: What should we conclude on the basis of Failed Samples?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 12:34:40 GMT
This means   that your system as a whole is not able to bear this traffic.

Inspect each element  to find the cause.
On the network side you should consider bandwidth. This could easily
happens if you have many multimedia objects.
Based on this kind of java exception the jmeter server seems to work
properly. However Keep an eye on memory usage.
Finally on SUT side, it seems it is not able to accept new connections.
Look at apache or IIS configuration, it often impose some limit on
connections. If there is a sudden increase on response time, compared tothe
500 users execution, there may be some more generic resource shortage.
HTH
S Boso

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=java.net.ConnectException%3A+Connection+refused%3A+connect

> [...]
Error%
> >> was

> >> SERVERNAME

org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:190)

org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedClientConnectionImpl.open(ManagedClientConnectionImpl.java:294)

org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.tryConnect(DefaultRequestDirector.java:645)

org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:480)

org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:906)

org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:805)

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.sample(HTTPHC4Impl.java:286)

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.sample(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:62)

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1088)

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1077)

org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:428)
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:256)
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

org.apache.http.conn.scheme.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:127)

org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:180)

not
connect

is
at